COLLEGE COMMITTEE FOR DIVERSITY
AND COMMUNITY (CCDC) CHARGE
The College Committee for Diversity and Community (CCDC) is charged with:
- Promoting the Modesto Junior College Principles of Community (to be collectively established college-wide 2012-2013 academic year).
- Ensuring that diversity is fully reflected in the Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plans of the college.
- Generating innovative ways to achieve awareness, garner knowledge and engage in courageous conversations about diversity and the lived experiences across our college and community.
- Fostering programs, events, policies and institutional strategies that engage and address the diverse realities of our faculty, staff, students and community.
- Cultivating a broad sense of diversity and its histories, challenges and forms across our college and community.
- Addressing issues of equity, representation and accessibility across our college and its community.
- Supporting an environment of diverse ideas and encouraging the exploration and exchange of innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Developing and providing ongoing diversity and multicultural education training for all employees.
- Infusing diversity and multiculturalism into curriculum and pedagogy.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse campus community, recognizing and addressing the realities of underrepresentation, changing demographics and disenfranchisement.